A few months ago I was staring at my bed and I thought it was a great inspiration for a manicure. My bedsheets are very colourfull, with all sorts of dots and patterns and flowers, so first I drew them out and a few weeks ago I painted all my nails with a different pattern on them.
The patterns on the left hand are:
– Pinky: a flower (a rose actually) in a lace pattern
– Ring finger: white cubes
– Middle finger: big flowers with small flowers in between them, in a diamond pattern
– Index finger: dots and stripes
– Thumb: stripes
The designs on the right hand are:
– Pinky: dots in rows with a flower
– Ring finger: dots with stripes again
– Middel finger: This one’s a bit different, it’s a flower with leaves, it has small flowers around itself and there’s a nice green swirling line all around it, on top is a heartshape in orange.
– Index finger: big dots
– Thumb: it’s a butterfly with all sorts of swirling orange patterns that were supposed to become flowers, and it has a zig-zag on the wings and on the body.
There were many polishes that I used for this one, here’s my list of base colours:
– Red Hema One Coat longlasting nailpolish nr. 202
– White Hema French Manicure White Coat (I used an old brush to apply it on my nails, since using the nailart brush isn’t going to work for a base colour)
– Orange Etos Effect Nails nr. 17
– Pink Essence Colour & Go ‘I want that!’
– Blue Essence Colour & Go ‘Let’s get lost’
– Dark blue Hema nailpolish nr. 23
And here’s the list of accessories (got the chance to test out all of my new stripers) :
– From MAX nail art polish (really really really cheap, bought them at a store called Action), the stripers in White, Blue, Dark blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Orange and Acid green
– Dark green Hema nailpolish nr. 22
– Black Hema nailpolish nr. 12
Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of my bedsheets right now, because it’s in the laundry.. But I’m sure you get the idea 😉
The designs are quite simple, but I believe because they’re all different, it looks very interesting. I would love to do this manicure again, maybe not in the same way, but while using other base colours, or switch other colour schemes, anything is possible! I could also try to do just one pattern and paint all nails in a different colour scheme of that pattern.
I have something similar to this one planned somewhere next week or in two weeks, because I got a small present yesterday for achieving my propedeutics, and it was wrapped in a lovely paper, so cute! I immediately thought of doing a mani on them, so I hope you enjoy these kind of posts 🙂
What do you think of having different patterns on your nails? Do you like wearing neon colours?