Sooo, I really got into this sewing thing. As in, I also got my own machine (real cheap, such a great timing!) and I’m superhappy with that. If you missed that bit, and other snippets, follow my Instarainbow!
By now I have bought fabric for at least 3 more projects that are more ambitious that this skirt..
Anyway, I’m really really proud because this has been the most difficult, technical piece I’ve ever done, seriously. I’ve learned a lot from this one. And I’m so happy!
As in the photo above, it’s a circle skirt. It goes in a full circle you guys 🙂 The fabric is light and soft and it flies around me when I’m cycling. It’s lovely and exactly what I was hoping for.
This was also the first time I used a pattern. I got it in this magazine I have a subscription on now ( it was a gift 🙂 ) and that is called Knipmode. It’s a Dutch sewing magazine, the one I used is from August ’16 and the skirt is number 6.
I got started with the pattern size 38, and then I decided to adjust the pattern to my personal preference of a higher, tighter waist and a shorter skirt in general.
So, really happy, and proud, and also happy that I’m posting again on here!
There are a number of other things I need to tell you about:
- Theatre. I’m part of the crew of this theatre piece called When a Witch is in Love. It’s something I’m doing with friends here, and I’m the makeup artist!
Now, if you’re near Groningen in the beginning of October, I would love it if you could come and see our show! If not, I will be posting snaps on my insta of the journey too 🙂
- Halloween! On instarainbow I will post all things related to Halloween preperations as #halloweeniscoming. I have figured out my outfit and everything already! I’m in full preperation mode and I’m so excited!!! You?
- Personal stuff: I’m not sure if I should write about this stuff in public. But in short, my house is sort of under construction as they’re renovating my windows. I am finally getting double glass!
- More personal stuff: I have some… physical issues. With my hip. And tomorrow is my first ever hospital appointment with a surgeon.
- I’m also still working full time and there’s a part time masters degree coming on top of that in… TWO WEEKS *gasp*
I need to take it easy. I am, and that is why my projects are not as frequent as they were. They are getting bigger though. And it will be less frequent, probably, since, you know, masters plus working full time, that is more than just a full time job. Literally.
My biggest concern is my physical problem though. And I hope the play will work out great, and I have Halloween to look forward to. That’s not too much 🙂