Hi there! Remember this blog?
Yeah, I’ve been off the radar for a while.. Long time readers will know, it just happens and I’m not even apologizing anymore, there’s no point 😛
So what’s happened? Well, let’s look at the list:
– I’m graduating and writing a thesis. Not alone, but it’s a lot of work and it takes all my dedication and concentration, 40 hours a week. I’m exhausted at the end of the day, and some weekends, I’ve been too tired to even watch Outlander. I have made a change though, I started taking better care of myself:
– I started with Pilates, which takes some time at the end of my day, but it’s awesome. I’m getting stronger! 🙂 I have been practising yoga for a little longer and I have to say, once you get over the whole.. what should I call it.. vague stuff, you know, it’s really relaxing and my mind is at peace after an evening session. So, I realized that taking serious care of my body, with more exersize and allowing myself to relax, is really important and I feel better. This has one downside: it takes time, meaning less time for other projects.
– I have been ill for two weeks. I was really ‘out’ for one week, but I had this infection called Sinusitis, really annoying..
– My best friend and I went to the first edition of Dutch Comic Con! It was so cool! That took a lot of time to prepare, we were cosplayers and I did our makeup. There is a video on its way! It has to wait though because…
– Last week my laptop died. I am now working on a computer that does not have the ability of performing properly with CS6. My thesis is not in danger because we save everything on Dropbox (THANK HEAVEN) and there’s a backup of my harddrive, but right now I can’t reach anything that used to be on that laptop and the whole situation sucks.
– Other than that, I have found a job while I’m not even finished with my thesis, so that’s fantastic!!! Right now, I’m searching for a house in Groningen, so I can live closer to the job. This whole travelling student has also taken it’s toll on me and I am done with all that. Plus, Groningen is simply awesome and it’s about time I start living my own life there 😀
Aaaaaand the sun has been shining a lot over the past 3 weeks! 😀 I can now paint my wall until about 20.00 p.m. which is great, because, I get home around 18.00, dinner, clean up, and then I can either feel like painting or feel like working out, or both, or whatever, I actually have the choice to go ahead and paint! After 18.00!
The changes are the rocks and flower things.
I painted the waterfall rocks and shadows, so the waterfall is now finished. I decided that the flowers need to be a whole lot brighter and happier so I used white over them, and that will make the colours pop out more. I roughly sketched out all the bushes with the white.
From now on, it’s all about the green zone. Which is a lot. But I’m getting there!
I am not sure when the Comic Con post will be ready, not very soon I’m afraid. I do hope you enjoy the update on my artwork 🙂