It’s been ages since I last did my nails in an artsy way… I’ve been so lazy and just did a single colour, I feel like I’ve neglected all the nailart followers and I hereby apologise.
This was inspired by Sarah from Chalkboard Nails, she did something like this and I found it on her blog, so all credit goes here.
I should have used a white polish as a base colour before doing the circle gradient, because the colours are really bright but now they don’t really ‘pop’ like I wanted. They kind of look like colours from the ’90s 😛
– Essence Colour&go 107 naughty and pink!
– Essence Colour&go 55 let’s get lost (old collection)
– Essence Colour&go 39 lime up! (old collection)
– Black acryllic paint
For the right hand, I obviously got lazy and only did a single wiggle thingie 🙂
This weekend I did a nailart experiment, like the title says it was the water spotted technique. I saw this once on cutepolish, I thought Sarah did it too but that was a different one.
I knew that my black polishes were too old, I need to buy a new one. I didn’t want to use a different colour, so I tried a glitter and my black crackle polish. I went for the crackle. Also, I didn’t use hand sanitizer but hairspray. I found out that hairspray worked better for me than perfume.
So, for the how to, click here (:
After doing my left hand, I got pretty tired of it because it started to crack open, and only my pinky finger was the way I wanted it to be. So then I just went ahead and used the crackle polish as a coat over the neon colours and let that do it’s thing.
– MAX nail art polish in Turquoise, Lime Green, Neon Yellow and Magenta
– Essence Ready for Boarding collection 02 Beauty on tour
– Essence cracking top coat 01 crack me! black
– Essence quick dry topcoat
Welcome to my new followers!
I feel like I’ve been ignoring my nailart follwers, sorry for that! Here’s a mani that I did today, it’s a water marble with Union Jack colours! At least, that was the idea. My friend is moving to London for a year, so, that’s why. Though our own Dutch flag has the same colours.. I decided to marble them, because I already did a Union Jack nailart once and we ate a marble cake friday, so, that totally makes sence!
My marbles are always random. I don’t even drop the polish in the same order all the time..
I know that everyone will notice so I’m just going to say it here, I did a very rough clean-up, not with a small brush but with a cotton bud, in a non-gentle way, which explains why there’s some polish missing in some places, haha.
– Essence colour&go 115 Redvolution
– Hema nailpolish in cobalt blue
– Hema longlasting polish in white
Last week I did this swatch:
Found it at Hema, it had a large discount so I got it. I like this one, it’s a nice colour that I can wear to school as well. I don’t think it’s too flashing. Applying was not that wonderful though, it had a small brush.
First things first: Welcome to my new followers!!! Thankyou so much, I am thrilled that I have 10 followers now from all over the world, people who are not (yet) my best friends and I have never met before. You are awesome.
So, I did another nailart, yay (: I wanted to find Sarah’s channel (from ChalkboardNails) on youtube but then I found mani’s like my current one, that’s how I got the idea. I saw that cutepolish recently did this mani as well, so I gave it a go!
1. Paint your nails black (Hema nailpolish no. 12)
2. Use acryllic paints to doodle on your nails. I mixed several colours with white to get pastels. (Amsterdam acrylic Standard Series) I’m using acryllic paint for my art design doodles because I find this easier to work with. If you prefer using polish, that’s perfect! I just always get my polish way to thick or whatever, so, yeah..
3. Seal with a matt topcoat (Hema top coat Matt no. 20)
And that is all, really easy right? I choose to do some easier doodles on my right hand, because I’m righthanded, so they look kind of.. weird. But I think the left hand is pretty cute. The design is just some doodling that I came up with, I did not watch any videos on youtube. If it looks the same as someone elses, I am sorry, didn’t see it.
Other fantastic news: MY SWEATER IS FINISHED (: Hooray! Post coming up soon!